10 Reasons for a Missed Period
Here are some of the reasons for a missed period besides pregnancy:
- Excessive physical workout
- Fluctuation in body weight
- Changes in the sleep cycle
- Birth control medicines
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Menopause or perimenopause Consulting a doctor and finding out the cause behind your missed period is a must.
Yes, it is quite possible to miss a period for a month. Throughout your menstrual cycle, your hormones keep fluctuating in a given order. Sometimes, certain medical or lifestyle factors tend to create an imbalance in your hormones which results in a missed period. At times like these, speaking to your doctor and understanding the reason for missed period is quite important.
Yes, you can miss your period and not be pregnant. Other factors like PCOS, menopause, weight gain or loss, stress, and heavy workout can also cause you to miss a period. To be extra sure, taking a pregnancy test or a check-up by the doctor is a great option.