You can relieve the symptoms of a vaginal boil at home by using the following methods:
- Using a warm compress
- Cleaning the boil regularly with water
- Wearing loose fitted clothes
- Taking over-the-counter pain medication as suggested by your doctor to relieve discomfort.
You can take several steps in order to prevent getting another vaginal boil:
- Avoid sharing soaps, towels, and other items of toiletry with others
- Change your shaver often if you use it near your vaginal area
- Change underwear often
- Use good quality menstrual products
- Keep the area clean and dry
- Try maintaining a healthy weight
Since vaginal boils are essentially a physical manifestation of an infection, the real threat here is a spread of infection. If the infection spreads to other parts of the skin, then it can cause further skin diseases.
Parallelly, if the infection enters your bloodstream, then it can impact your organs and cause serious consequences. Hence, it's crucial to consult a doctor soon to get the right treatment.