How To Stop Period Pain: Home Remedies & Medical Options
Dealing with period pain can be quite difficult. Here are some home remedies for period pain that would provide you relief to a certain extent.
- Place a heating pad on the painful areas of your body
- Gently massage your abdomen
- Have a warm bath that would soothe your body
- Avoid salty or spicy snacks, switch to nutritious foods like granola bars or soups
- Practise yoga after consulting with your doctor
There's no best remedy for period pain, however, taking over-the-counter medicines after consulting a doctor can help you ease the discomfort. If your period pain isn’t severe, a heating pad or a warm bath can also provide relief.
There isn’t any specific drink that stops period pain. However, herbal drinks like ginger, chamomile, or fennel tea might ease period pain. Remember to check with your doctor whether these herbal drinks would ease your period pain or not.